Day 3- Blue

Having learnt my lesson and changed into some clean trousers, I avoided oily snacks today. In fact I felt I was starting to get the hang of travelling. The secret to seeing The Brandenberg Gate without all those pesky tourists getting in your photo? Well, er, just go at five in the morning. The sunrise is a bonus.


I assume this is the equivalent of a cafe in Edinburgh called HAGGIS


A bright start to the day in Berlin



On board a polish train, I finally began to feel like a foreigner when I noticed that each compartment comes equipped with a fire extinguisher? No, a bottle opener!





Outside green fields continued to flash by, although with fewer wind turbines, punctuated by occasional surprises such as a Twinings Tea factory. The train took me to Warsaw, which might as well be named "Chopinsaw".


So why blue? Well, I then found myself joining in with a peace protest involving loud drums and a hundred blue helium balloons.




Comments

  1. "When have we not preferred some going round
    To going straight to where we are?"
    - WH Auden

    To find your own way
    In a crazy mazy world
    First you must get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the café in Edinburgh would have to have the same relevant attached smiley, though attuned to Scotland. Say "HAGGIS :-O" or "HAGGIS >-)"
    What smiley do you think Edinburgh should appropriate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think HAGGIS >-) there is actually a cafe calls HAGGIS across the road from me in Moscow . Maybe it turns out the Russians like haggis better than the Scots?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts