Day 2- Red

Supposedly, I'm going to New Zealand the 'slow' way. Nothing about today felt slow, in fact I can tell you that my top speed was 299 km/h (Eurostar drivers are such a tease). The last 24 hours have involved four countries and 1100 odd miles- if I kept this rate up I'd be there sometime next week.

London gave me my only chance for a walk, and it struck me as having a theme.

Red buses, red bikes, red boxes, red bricks, red for Russian Revolution (sadly wasn't time to see his exhibition at the national library), red for new labour seats...
St Pancras Station 

National Library trying to get me in the Russian mood

The cathedral in Cologne competes for today's architecture prize


I had a whole ten minutes to change trains in Cologne, so I was already in a fluster after running to get that last photo. I then found myself in the awkward situation of trying to simultaneously apologise for taking somebody's seat on the train, and desperately convey in German that the dark stain on my crotch was in fact leaked  oil from my Marks and Spencer's lunch, and I hadn't actually wet myself.

Comments

  1. Could have been worse - like the time your uncle brought us anchovies from France and they dripped all over him from the luggage rack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts